At The London Transgender Clinic our team are at the forefront of private transgender healthcare, offering patients outstanding personalised care. We are looking for an experienced surgeon who is eager to join our team and use their superior surgical skills to help us continue to thrive and positively impact the lives of transgender and nonbinary individuals. In this role, the successful candidate will be well-grounded in the basic science of surgery, using their exceptional clinical judgment to offer thorough and exemplary patient care. From the outset, you will be supported by a team of compassionate experts to help you guide patients through their individualised medical transition. We expect our surgeons to possess a unique blend of technical knowledge and empathy, enabling them to improve the wellbeing of patients not just during the procedure, but before and well into the future.
The successful individual will have opportunities for personal career development, including junior and senior partner roles which incorporate multiple aspects of the running of the organisation including strategy and policy direction.
Objectives of this Role
- Provide clinical care to patients in accordance with regulations in obtaining patient history, ordering labs and diagnostic studies, arranging referrals, and obtaining consent.
- Deliver exceptional results and maintain patient satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with physicians and medical staff to coordinate care.
- Demonstrate an excellent bedside manner and foster a great patient experience.
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure all patients get exceptional quality care in a safe, supportive environment.
- Contribute positively to the core Company objectives.
- Continuously research and adopt new technologies and techniques.
- Maintain key performance indicators (KPIs)
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Collaborate with a team of administrators, nurses, anaesthesiologists, physician assistants, perioperative staff, and peri anaesthesia staff.
- Perform and assist on surgeries including facial feminisation such as hairline lowering, brow contouring, rhinoplasty; body feminisation such as breast augmentation and MtF gender reassignment, body masculination including FtM Top Surgery, amongst others
- Provide an explanation of medical procedures, alternative options, and care plans to patients and their friends/families.
- Review test results with patients and families to report findings and identify any abnormalities.
- Provide holistic care, signposting to internal and external providers when necessary.
- Attend departmental meetings and professional training sessions as requested.
Skills and Qualifications
- Doctor of medicine degree from an accredited school of medicine
- GMC specialist register for plastic surgery or equivalent e.g. EBOPRAS, Australian/NZ/US Board of Plastic Surgery
- Minimum 2 years at Consultant level
- Previous experience or interest in working with trans/nonbinary individuals.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] with the subject: Consultant Surgeon.