Registered Nurse (Hormone Therapy) – Opportunity to train as a NURSE PRESCRIBER
- Reports to: Lead Clinician Transgender Hormone service
- Accountable to: Senior Clinical Nurse Prescriber, Medical Director, Clinic Manager
- Working hours: Full time (Monday to Friday, including occasional Saturdays)
- Location: 54 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 8YJ
The London Transgender Clinic is a leading transgender services clinic; passionate about
delivering the highest levels of patient care with services ranging from psychological
assessment/support, hormone therapy, surgery, skin care, hair removal and voice coaching.
You will be working closely within a small clinical team consisting of psychiatrists,
psychologists, endocrinologists, a Senior Nurse Prescriber and Medical Director, working
closely with other therapists and administrators to ensure smooth running of the business.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Supporting the current Senior Nurse Prescriber
- Ensuring patient files, including their details, and required documentation are accurate and complete
- Recording important data such as medical/psychological/social history, taking medical photographs
- Working within a multidisciplinary team of professionals
- Liaising closely with GP’s, Gender Identity Clinic’s and other specialist consultants
- Following up all consultations with letters to relevant healthcare providers
- Providing emotional support and empathy for transgender individuals
- Supporting the senior clinical nurse prescriber in the preparation of Care Standard reports, including keeping all policies and procedure documentation up to date
- Working in line with National/International best practice guidelines
- Working with Medical Director and General Manager to ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations and CQC standards
- After a period of learning and supervision progressing to independent practice, prescribing hormone therapy for transgender individuals following completion of your nurse prescribing qualification supported and financed by the practice.
- Ensuring all patient complaints are recorded in the Patients Complaints log and Clinical Manager is immediately aware
- Ensuring patient IT database is up-to-date and accurate at all times with detailed notes, medical history, photos, and contact details
- Assisting with patient enquiries either by email or telephone, ensuring any concerns are dealt with immediately
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient running of the Clinic
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject: Hormone Registered Nurse.
To download the full job description, click here.